cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 to ACS 5.5 Migration / database Question

b.mooneyhan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of testing ACS 4.2 migration to ACS 5.5. I have the ACS target server and the ACS 4.2 server both up and running, as well as the migration tool. I have been able to migrate with no issues. Now that I'm nearing the time to migrate in production, I 'm looking for a way to wipe out the databases on both the ACS 4.2 migration server and the target ACS 5.5 server, so that I can start clean with my current, up-to-date ACS 4.2 export.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Benny Mooneyhan

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Benny-

I always recommend doing a DOD type wipe. You can use several flavor of Linux boot disks to accomplish this for free or you can get a paid software do that as well. 

For instance, I have used Knoppix in the past to do this for free. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi, thanks for the reply. What I really want to do is to wipe out (or empty) the application database used by each version of ACS, not the entire VM. That way, the VM, the guest OS, and the ACS applications are still installed, and I can do the export/import process again, but with a clean database on the ACS 4.2 migration server and the target ACS 5.5 server.

Benny

Ah ok. For that you can do the following:

For ACS 5.x:

- Login to the CLI

- Issue the following command application reset-config acs

For more info on that command check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8/command/reference/cli/cli_app_a.html#81294

For ACS 4.x:

- You will need to use the recovery disk to perform system re-imaging. Here is a link for that as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.1/installation/guide/solution_engine/admap.html

Thank you for rating helpful posts!