Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 with patch 4 >> Services restart

amitmarathe
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed ACS 4.2 with patch 4

Scertain period after authentication failed. Giving internal error. I need to restart all the services. What could be proble and pl help me in resolving this issue. I am running short of time.

2 Replies 2

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

Internal Error is very generic in error. I hope that you had your Logging set to Full, if not then you wont be able to see the exact reason in the debug logs.

You might want to check,

\CSAuth\Logs

And check the debug log when you got the internal error for a particular authentication attempt.

Also, what kind of authentication was failing ? Was it PEAP/EAP-FAST with inner method as MSCHAP machine authentication, then it could be something related to,

CSCsq96755 : ACS needs manual restart to recover machine authentication

Then go for Patch 5 for ACSv4.2

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if it helps!

Thanks for your responce. As this is installed on win2k3 server update patches are not available for server centric ACS. Its available only for acs hardened cisco devices. I opened a tac case for the same. The strange thing is that it very well working with Radious protocol. Its only giving me problem with TACACS+. I suggested the same to TAC regarding the patch update.

I have one question.

How I can configured network devices for single-connect ?

Thanks for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: