Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0 geting error "authorization command failed"

Pranav Gade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Its a Cisco Acs 1120 device having version 5.0.

I have cerated three basic user group which having privillage leve 15,10 and 1 on ACS Tacacs+.

My configuration for AAA on Switch is as follows

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local
aaa authorization config-commands
aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ local
aaa authorization commands 1 default group tacacs+ local
aaa authorization commands 7 default group tacacs+ local
aaa authorization commands 10 default group tacacs+ local
aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ loca

!

!

ip tacacs source-interface Vlan1
!
!
tacacs-server host **** single-connection
tacacs-server directed-request

but I am getting error while login from that spacific user which I have created but getting errror as

"commond authorization failed "

Plz let me know if any one have solution on this or any more information required for this..

20 Replies 20

fyi...

fyi...

Hi Pranav,

Any resolution on the same as i am also facing the same issue.

Regards,

Ranjit

Hi Pranav and Ranjit ,

Lets start fresh on this .

The configuration on switch is ok .

We first need to differentiate if we want to restrict commands based on different user groups on ACS or we just want to differentiate privilege levels .

The simplest way to do it is that on ACS we create different authorization rules for different groups with a shell profile of privilege 15 in every rule and differentiate on command sets .

With this implementation every user no matter which group they belong to will land on the switch with privilege 15 but will have differentiated access based on command sets .

Basic Concept :: when we use default as method list we do not need to apply the same going individually on the vty lines .

example : aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local .

Look forward to hear from you .

Regards ,

Tushar Gaba .

mmangat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just to know have you have you associated network group with the user group? and have you enabled  command set?

Hi Tushar & Mantej,

The issue of authorization has been resolved now and i am able to define 3 different groups with corresponding access priviledges. Same has been mapped in shell profiles and command sets.

Now as per my requirement my 1 User in particular location (NDG) should not get access to other region or NDG, i am not able to achieve this.

waiting to hear from you all

Regards,

Ranjit