cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 default setting

achen2000
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the following setting is a shipping default in the ACS 5.1? thanks

In the Access Policies ->Network Device Admin -> Identity -> Advanced Options, the If user not found was set to “Continue” .

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

It is not. By default upon installation the setting for this is Reject

When new rules are added to an identity policy the setting is similarly set to Reject. In order to change this need to expand the Advanced Options and choose your desired setting

View solution in original post

The best you can do is the following

- Go to "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer" and then select "Monitoring & Reports > Reports > Catalog > ACS Instance"

- Select radio button and then Run->Qery and Run

- In object type enter "Access Service" and in Object Name set to "Default Device Admin"

You will be able to see who made and changes and when. Note it does not give the details of the specific change since policy is a complex data object with multiple rules, ordering etc

Do the following:

- Go to "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer"

- in navigation select "Monitoring & Reports > Reports > Catalog > ACS Instance"

- Select radio button next to "ACS_Configuration_Audit" and in bottom left select arrow on button called "Run" and then "Query and Run" option

- In object type enter "Access Service" and in Object Name set to "Default Device Admin" and then select "Run"

6 Replies 6

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

It is not. By default upon installation the setting for this is Reject

When new rules are added to an identity policy the setting is similarly set to Reject. In order to change this need to expand the Advanced Options and choose your desired setting

Thank you very much jrabinow.!!

Then I'm curious to know whether I can find when the setting was changed? and by whom?

The best you can do is the following

- Go to "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer" and then select "Monitoring & Reports > Reports > Catalog > ACS Instance"

- In object type enter "Access Service" and in Object Name set to "Default Device Admin"

You will be able to see who made and changes and when. Note it does not give the details of the specific change since policy is a complex data object with multiple rules, ordering etc

Which radio button should I select? anyone? or the ACS_Configuration_Audit?

Thanks again.

BTW, I did run a report on the ACS_Configuration_Audit but couldn't see anything except my change which was made this morning. I'm assuming the default was set to "Continue"..

Do the following:

- Go to "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer"

- in navigation select "Monitoring & Reports > Reports > Catalog > ACS Instance"

- Select radio button next to "ACS_Configuration_Audit" and in bottom left select arrow on button called "Run" and then "Query and Run" option

- In object type enter "Access Service" and in Object Name set to "Default Device Admin" and then select "Run"

Yes, that's what I need. Thanks a lot for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: