cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 Performance

Paul Williams
Level 1
Level 1

First the background - we have four ACS5.1 appliances (all at patch revison 4), Box1 is the management box - so just used for accessing the web interface and setting stuff up, boxes 2 and 3 do the main bulk of the work and box 4 is basically a spare. Box 1 is also acting as the log collector. We have about 1200 NAS devices (cisco switches) and in the region of 12000 devices authenticating.

The question is - should take 40 seconds or more for each click in the web interface to result in a page turnover. i.e. from entering login details, to a usable interface takes 40 seconds, click on any item - and its another 40 seconds....and so on. You can imagine that setting up an Access Ploicy takes a long time.

Any ideas - I had thought about moving the log collector onto the spare box - would this make any difference?

3 Replies 3

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, if you have that many devices then it would improve a lot the performance of box 1 (assume it is the primary) if you move the log collection to another machine which would act uniquely as log collector.

Having 4 ACSs, usually they are configured like BOX1=primary, BOX 2 and BOX3=secondaries and the last one BOX4=log collector.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

dchamorro
Level 1
Level 1

Paul,

Just throwing it out there, but check the port speed/duplex settings. I had a similar problem and found that my techs had set the port to 100/full.

D.C.

We did have this issue for a while - however I found it was because I had left  a physcial span tap device in line...removed that and the port on the 6509 that the ACS is conencted to now says 1000/full (on auto negotiation).

I have set up Cisco LMS - Health and Utilisation monitor to see if it is a port overload (as in volume of traffic) and will see where that goes.

In response to teh reply re: moving the logging - tried that and it did not seem to make any difference - if anything it seemed even slower....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: