Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 configuration import to ACS 5.3 or 5.5

Sohail Muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

One of my customer has recently bought an ACS Appliance which came with ACS version 5.3. He already has an appliance with version 5.2 running. We require now to move the ACS 5.2 configuration to ACS 5.3 Appliance, make it running and then upgrade the ACS 5.2 to 5.3 or 5.5. My question is that can we directly import the configuration of ACS 5.2 to 5.3? Or even 5.5? Or is there is any other requirement to do the job? We finally want to move to ACS version 5.5 so is it a good idea that we upgrade the ACS 5.3 appliance first to 5.5, then import the ACS 5.2 configuration, and then upgrade the ACS 5.2 appliance as well.

Looking forward for response.

Regards, Sohail

8 Replies 8

Hello Sohail,

Yes, you can migrate the configuration from 5.2 to 5.3.

Then you can upgrade to 5.5.

Before the upgrade, make sure you install the Pointed patch for 5.3 and then install the upgrade package for 5.5.

I would also recommend the cumulative patch once on 5.5.

HTH.

Message was edited by: Javier Portuguez

Thank You Javier for your reply.

You are welcome.

Please rate any helpful posts.

I am in similar situation (starting at base 5.2 version and heading to 5.5 PL2) so just to confirm I got it correctly. The necessary steps for upgrade from 5.2 to 5.5 PL2would be like this?

1. Perform database-compress
  2. Apply last 5.2 patch 11
  3. Make backup of the 5.2 configuration+data (backup my5.2backup repository my_repository)
  4. Re-image the machine to 5.3
  5. Restore configuration+data from 5.2 backup (restore my5.2backup repository my_repository)
  6. Apply last 5.3 patch 9
  7. Perform database-compress
  8. Make backup of the 5.3 configuration+data (backup my5.3backup repository my_repository)
  9. Re-image the machine to 5.5
  10. Restore configuration+data from 5.3 backup (restore my5.3backup repository my_repository)
  11. Apply last 5.5 patch 2
  12. Perform database-compress

Are all the steps necessary and in correct order, please, to achieve upgrade from base 5.2 to 5.5 PL2?

It sounds good.

Just make sure to install the Pointed patch before upgrading to 5.5.

Thanks,

Thanks for review! The Pointed patch would be step in between of steps 7 and 8?

You got it Petr :)

Brilliant :-) Thanks, Javier!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: