Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 install on Vmware - no managment over https

I installed ACS 5.2 on Wmware. Everything seemed to install correctly.

I can access the server with SSH over the network. The server however

doesn´t seem to have https mangagment open.

For example show ports gives only port 22 (ssh)

and 111 for udp and tcp.

I have restarted everything. But reload on the CLI and

power on/off the VMware host but no luck.

I see people have this problem but I haven´t seen any answers yet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David,

If you have an ACS 5.x installed with 60GB HDD then you should be using it with an Evaluation license and on a lab environment. That is correct. The requirements I included are meant for a Production ACS 5.x server.

Also, ACS 5.1 and 5.2 do not include support on ESXi 4.1. ACS 5.3 includes support on ESXi 4.1 but ACS 5.1 and 5.2 support up to ESX 4.0.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Can you access the ACS CLI and execute "show application status acs"? Is the process "management" on "running" state or is it on "not monitored"?

Also, have you complied with the minimun requirements for ACS 5.2 installation on a VMWare?

Table 6-1     Minimum System Requirements 

Requirement Type
Minimum Requirements

CPU

Intel Core2; 2.13 GHz

Memory

4 GB RAM

Hard Disks

500 GB of disk storage

NIC

1 GB NIC interface

Hypervisor

VMware ESX 3.5 or 4.0

If this was helpful please rate.

Regards.

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Also, the "show ports" output should display the following on the first process:

ACS3/acsadmin# sh ports

Process : java (13769)

tcp: 0.0.0.0:2030, 0.0.0.0:61616, 0.0.0.0:443, :::43426, :::2020, ::ffff:12

7.0.0.1:8005, :::8999, :::6666, :::80, :::51515, :::45564

You can see the entry "0.0.0.0:443" referring to the open port for HTTPS.

Regards.

Carlos,

The information you provided is NOT correct.  You do not need 500GB of diskspace.  it will work with as little as 60GB in vmware ESXi.  4GB of RAM is also not correct.  It will work with as little as 2GB RAM in vmware ESXi 4.1

I know because I have three different instances of ACS (5.1, 5.2 and 5.3) running on the same ESXi 4.1 with 120GB of diskspace  and 4GB RAM.  I provisioned each ACS with 60GB thin provision and 2GB with 4 cores each.  It is a little slow but it works.  Not recommendation for production but for lab purposes, it works quite well.

David,

If you have an ACS 5.x installed with 60GB HDD then you should be using it with an Evaluation license and on a lab environment. That is correct. The requirements I included are meant for a Production ACS 5.x server.

Also, ACS 5.1 and 5.2 do not include support on ESXi 4.1. ACS 5.3 includes support on ESXi 4.1 but ACS 5.1 and 5.2 support up to ESX 4.0.

Regards.

Thanks guys.

I managmed to find out that my VMware image was not prepared correctly. What

I missed was the 2 virtual CPU´s instead of 1 I had set initially.

I have 60GB allocated disk space and 4Gig RAM. And after installing again

I can see all the ports (show ports) open líke 443 e.t.c.

So this CPU missing caused the install to behave like this. No https ports open no ACS service acticated

or existing. So how it is up. Still have have issues with some of the services are stuck in initializing.

Like managment and runtime. All others are up. But the machine is rather slow. I try to free up some

resources and see if this is a performance problem.

My setup is intended for LAB training so I don´t have high requirements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: