Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 - User accounts File Update is not working as expected

Hello, I have serious problem with importing Fixed IPs to User accounts in ACS 5.2.

Because this attribute can't be migrated directly I try it via "File Operations --> Update". I have created file according to Update template but entered IP addresses are not imported - every other attribute can be changed without problem.

If I will try "File Operations --> Add" it is working well, but I can't use this option.

IPv4 address atribute in "System Administration --> Configuration --> Dictionaries --> Identity --> Internal Users" is added properly and appropriate field is present in Users accounts.

Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michal,

yes I filed this as a bug very recently. It happens after a migration from ACS 4.

CSCtk05027 : users custom fields after migration - import/update doesn't work

Try to modify one of your user entry. Just add an ip address manually there for example. Then do the file update. It will work for that user and it will update the ip address.

The workaround is to exports all your ACS 5 users. Then delete them from the database then do a file import "add" instead of update. A bit of a silly workaround but the bug should be fixed in future patches (no information on that yet).

Regards,

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michal,

yes I filed this as a bug very recently. It happens after a migration from ACS 4.

CSCtk05027 : users custom fields after migration - import/update doesn't work

Try to modify one of your user entry. Just add an ip address manually there for example. Then do the file update. It will work for that user and it will update the ip address.

The workaround is to exports all your ACS 5 users. Then delete them from the database then do a file import "add" instead of update. A bit of a silly workaround but the bug should be fixed in future patches (no information on that yet).

Regards,

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Thanks, it will be probaly only possibility, until this bug will be solved. But it is suffering and big possibility of mistake because I have almost 20.000 users in my database, and almost 8000 from them have assigned Fixed IP .

Anyway, I am found another bug in NDG, is here any possiblitity how to report it to Cisco even if I am not a partner?

You can check on the bug toolkit if it's known already.

Posting here is only if little to no work is needed.

If a complete investigation and new bug is needed, you will need to open a TAC case, which will be hard if you don't have a service contract. But then you could maybe ask a cisco partner to open it for you ?

Nicolas

Unfortunately, it looks that I can't access bug toolkit :-/

But anyway, only for information if somebody will be searching for this issue - I am found that:

If you will create new NDG in "Network Resources --> Network Device Groups" with name "Service", then every sub-item created under NDG Service will not be shown. If you will change name to something else then you will see all created sub-groups normally. It look that word "Service" is wrongly taken like some system variable or similar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: