Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 VM ESXi 4 to ESXi5

antero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

My customer as decided to virtualized Servers in ESXi5, the problem is the ACS5.2 was installaed in ESXi4,

Is there any issue related in migrating the ACS 5.2 installed in ESXi4 to ESXi5?

Any procedure to follow?

thanks

Antero Vasconcelos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Antero,

ACS 5.2/5.3 does not support ESXi 5.0. It seems that ESXi 5.0 support for ACS 5.x versions will be included on ACS 5.4 release. However, I am not aware of the ACS 5.4 release ETA.

As ESXi 5.0 is not a supported/tested platform for ACS 5.x you might experience misbehaviors on the application itself.

We have seen ACS 5.3 running on ESXi 5.0 with no issues on a Lab Environment, however, if an issue arises and a support ticket is needed, Cisco TAC will always enforce the fact that we should run the ACS application within the supported specifications listed on the product release notes and installation guides.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Antero,

ACS 5.2/5.3 does not support ESXi 5.0. It seems that ESXi 5.0 support for ACS 5.x versions will be included on ACS 5.4 release. However, I am not aware of the ACS 5.4 release ETA.

As ESXi 5.0 is not a supported/tested platform for ACS 5.x you might experience misbehaviors on the application itself.

We have seen ACS 5.3 running on ESXi 5.0 with no issues on a Lab Environment, however, if an issue arises and a support ticket is needed, Cisco TAC will always enforce the fact that we should run the ACS application within the supported specifications listed on the product release notes and installation guides.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: