Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

acs 5.3.0.40.4 wierd issue

I've recently upgraded from 5.2 to 5.3 and am running 5.3.0.40.4.

I've just noticed a wierd issue where on the Internal User identity store I cannot see any users on the first page only, but if I go to any other page I see the users.  Changing the number of users per page doesn't make a difference - I still cannot see the first page of users - just the rest. 

See screenshot attached.

Anyone else come across this?  I've seen that patch 5 is available but the bug doesn't seem to be mentioned in it.

7 Replies 7

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please export the user to a CSV file and import them back to ACS using file operation feature.

I hope this is only happening under user database section.

Do let me know if you still see the same issue?

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpfu posts-

~Jatin

Hi Jatin.

I cannot export the list of users.  error attached (export1.jpg)

When I select Save File, I get the error (export2.jpg).

It happens when some field in the file is blank. This can be checked under management logs.

Did you try to check the first page blank issue using different machine and browser.

keep me updated.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Could you please take backup of your current database, reset the config and restore it back to ACS. I don't see any such defect where we cannot see internal users on the very first page. There is a defect where after upgrading the ACS 5.2 to 5.3, we fail to edit internal user but that too fixed in patch 2. In patch 5 dev's has fixed few upgrade issues if you wana give try first with that, go ahead.

keep posted.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Jatin.

I've been looking at the ACSManagement.log file by issuing 'show acs-logs filename ACSManagement.log | last 80'

When I load up page 1 - I get the following java error...   Page 2, 3, etc doesn't generate a java error.

Jun 15 2012 10:28:30 com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.actions.LPInputAction.switchToNewState(LPInputAction.java:745) FATAL http-443-3 Ac

s.MGMT.GUI null

com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.app.exceptions.ApplicationException

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.app.entities.GuiBaseEntity.getEntityQuery(GuiBaseEntity.java:309)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.actions.LPInputAction.prepareShowList(LPInputAction.java:255)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.actions.LPInputAction.switchToNewState(LPInputAction.java:734)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.actions.LPInputAction.postMethod(LPInputAction.java:851)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.actions.ACSBaseAction.dispatchMethod(ACSBaseAction.java:453)

at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:167)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:413)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:225)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1858)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:459)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.web.GUIAuditFilter.doFilter(GUIAuditFilter.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.performancemonitoring.filter.PerformanceMonitoringSensorFilter.doFilter(PerformanceMonitoringSensorFilter.

java:46)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.web.UserAuthenticatedFilter.doFilter(UserAuthenticatedFilter.java:209)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.gui.framework.web.DataValidationFilter.doFilter(DataValidationFilter.java:28)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:421)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I've tried as you suggested but the issue is still there.  I feel as though there is a corrupt database entry within the first 10 records.  I'm going to try and restore it to a test ACS virtual machine on an earlier version and see what happens

I think that would be a good idea. Please test it with another box/machine and see if issue persist.

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: