cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3.40 is there patch available to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 regarding SSL termination?

Hi,

We are trying to reduce our susceptibility to SSL BEAST information disclosure vulnerability regarding our ACS 5.3.40 system.

It's been suggested that we consider some  defensive measures such as cipher suite selection.
Wherever possible, we should ensure that servers and clients that support TLS/SSL are configured to support TLS versions 1.1 and 1.2, not just SSLv3 and TLSv1.0 which is often the default configuration.

Can you advise how this is done within the ACS 5.3.40 application? Is it just a case of patching to another level?

(Default SSLv3 and TLSv1.0 defaults are not deemed strong enough).

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Tobias Moritz
Level 1
Level 1

Well, ISE seems to get an update to support TLS 1.2 with ISE 2.0:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12595216/cisco-ise-support-tls-12

Unfortunately, I still do not see any information regarding ACS.

@Cisco: There is still no EOL announcement out for ACS, so responsible business unit should really put TLS 1.2 on the roadmap for ACS. Everyone who thinks about network security is moving to TLS 1.2 for month, if not years. Please do something.

Thank you.

The PCI DSS 3.1 bans the use of TLS 1.0 as of June 2016,  PCI approved scanning vendors (ASVs) are already giving failing grades on scans that detect anything less than TLS 1.2.  This is a problem for Cisco ACS, and Cisco CSM and Cisco firepower defense center.

Hello Darthnul where can i get a document that says Cisco ASC 5.7 only support TLS 1.0.

Please i need this to prof to a customer of mine which is a finical institution   

John,

Here is a link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/design-zone/ssl-tls-vulnerability-response.pdf

according to my Cisco account exec, Cisco has no plans to add TLS 1.1 or 1.2 support for ACS.  ISE is the replacement.  The latest version of ISE supports tacacs+ and TLS 1.2.

Thanks Darthnul

The document didn't say anything about version 1.1?

John,

I don't have any info on ACS supporting TLS 1.1.  I seriously doubt Cisco will do it since it would likely mean just as much work for them as adding TLS 1.2 support.

I have to worry about PCI 3.1 compliance.  PCI also bans "some implementations"  of TLS 1.1, but they refuse to disclose which implementations are acceptable to them, so 1.2 is the only clear choice.

darthnul.

No enhancement request to support it.? 

Thanks. 

There is an enhancment request already:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu29920

Public view shows Status "Open", but I was told internally it was declined. Since ISE is near to feature parity with ACS, it (ACS) will be EOL soon (I would expect EOL notice this year). There seems to be no plans to implement any new features in ACS.

Thanks Tobais.

As we may all know Cisco bug search tool may need some work but in case if anyone is still looking for a fixed release for CSCuu29920 - Need minimum Cisco ACS 5.8 (patch 4)

Check - Cisco ACS 5.8 (patch 5) read me