cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 log times craziness

ghuey
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason the times on my logs are showing times slightly in the future.  As I have no Delorians or Large Hadron Colliders in the area I am at a total loss as to how this is happening.

I have verified that the ACS box is pulling the correct time via ntp and that the timezone is set correctly.  The times are off by odd amounts and not exact hours which would suggest a timezone issue.

badacs.JPG

As you can see in the above screenshot the log entry shows a time of 1:44 p.m. for today, but the time of the screenshot was actually at 11:10 a.m. this morning.

The time on the ACS server is correct:

badacs2.JPG

Appreciate any thoughts on the issue.

1 Reply 1

ghuey
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer and I almost hate to admit what it was.

When I initally installed ACS I apparently neglected to set my ntp and timezone settings.  Just noticed this the other day and corrected the issue.  My guess is that the incorrect time caused the log entries to be timestamped in the incorrect future date/time.  These log entries then stayed at the top of the report since they occurred in the future.  Once the actual time matched and surpised these bogus entries, newer events were posting correctly at the top.