cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 Patch

noc-cville
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to install the just release patch 7 for ACS. Downloaded the release notes and am following them for patch installation.  First thing I noticed is when downloading the patch although the file has a .tar.gpg extension, when I download it through IE9 it changes it to a .tar.tar extension.  I changed the name to reflect the proper extension and receive the following error after uploading the file.

chmod: cannot access `*.sh': No such file or directory

Invalid patch '5-3-0-40-7.tar.gpg' - missing install.sh

% Error: Failure to open / validate the patch

6 Replies 6

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

Try to download the file from a different browser, Like firefox. Changing the extension will not help.

Its a known browser issue.

Once you download the correct file in tar.gpg extension , then try to install the patch

Regards

Minakshi (do rate the helpful post)

I downloaded it via Firefox from a totally different machine and still get the same error message although it did download with the correct extension this time.

Can you tell me what command did you use to install the patch?

I used the command from the release notes .  acs patch install {filename} repository {repositoryname}

The file downloads from my TFTP server just fine but when completed the above error comes up.

Mark,

Please use FTP to install the patch, TFTP will not work (you will get some unable to retrieve manifest file errors).

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Mark,

I resolved the problem changing the file extension. To do this you need disable the option "Hide the extensións for known file types" on your computer, to show the file extension and change it to ".tar.pgp". Next you can exec the command

"acs patch install repository "

Regards.