Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.4 Installation on VMware Workstation

turbo_engine26
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I just read and followed the instructions in this discussion thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3714114#3714114.

However, i got this error in the uploaded screenshot.

VM Settings:

Memory: 2048 GB

HDD: 70 GB

What is the problem?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The minimum required HDD Size for a VM installation is 500GB.  Try increasing the HD size and reinstalling.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Thanks for your reply.

Please take another look at the link that i've posted as there was a debate regarding the HDD size. ACS can be installed with a minimum of 70 GB (even though it is officially mentioned as 500 GB). Another thing, you didn't provide a visible proof if the HDD size (of 500 GB) is the direct cause of this issue. Please send me a thread or article that says that this error is caused by non-allocating 500 GB HDD size, then i will see what i can do.

Well guys, i need an urgent help in this one. Any thoughts?

Issue resolved. Thx for the extensive help.

gregory wenzel
Level 1
Level 1

I got this to install using a USB3 external HD using 150GB create all at one time drive. did not split up files but built it as one big file with 4gb ram and 2 cores with 1 cpu each. Able to access the CentOS setup for static ip address, domain, etc. My problem is that I am unable to web into the gui.

Regards,

The application is running fine with me using only 70 GB. My problem was the OS. I chose MS-DOS by mistake instead of CentOS.

Cheers