cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.4 Log Collector

David Barclay
Level 1
Level 1

I am not receiving any tacacs accounting, authentication or authorization entries in my log collector.  I have my secondary server as the collector and it is receiving radius entries but not tacacs.  If I move the collector to the primary server, all works perfect.  Why does the secondary not receive the logs?  The primary is the device that is doing the auth for all devices and it should be sending the logs to the collector.

3 Replies 3

edelgado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Sometimes this can be a DB corruption.

Change the log collector back to the seconday if you have the same behavior reset the configuration on the secondary ACS and have it register again to the primary. This will make a clean DB on the secondary.

Make sure you have the secondary ACS license handy.

If you need specific help let me know and I will be glad to assist.

Also make sure that the secondary ACS has all the services running and that has the 500 GB of HDD.

Regards,

Erdelgad

Thanks Erdelgad.  I am not sure if my issue was exasberated by having different versions or not but I noticed that my secondary was on 5.4.0.46.0a and my primary was on 5.4.0.46.0.  I patched both to  5-4-0-46-6. and now everything is working well.

sometimes if the service type set to PPP, this problems comes. Anyway your issue has been already solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: