cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.5.xx error 22056 Subject not found in the applicable identity store(s).

CSCO11227946
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a problem on a ACS 5.5.0.46.7 with adding new network devices. When I add new device to ACS and check log (Monitoring and Reporting->Authentications - TACACS+) this error message appears:

Failure Reason :  22056 Subject not found in the applicable identity store(s).

This is the first time that this message appears and  before it appeared I added 3 new devices without a problem. This was a 4-th device in a row that I was adding and then I got this message appeared. I'm using IE version 11.  

The identity store was configured couple of years ago and didn't change since then.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Gonzalez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This error message is refering to the user not being found, not related to AAA clients, so it basically means that ACS was not able to find the user internally nor against external database ( in case you are using AD, LDAP, etc)

In order to confirm ACS is checking the desired identity database, you need to click on details on the authentication report you are facing the issue, and check "Identity Store" being checked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ivan Gonzalez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This error message is refering to the user not being found, not related to AAA clients, so it basically means that ACS was not able to find the user internally nor against external database ( in case you are using AD, LDAP, etc)

In order to confirm ACS is checking the desired identity database, you need to click on details on the authentication report you are facing the issue, and check "Identity Store" being checked.

Tahnk you for the info ivangonz.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: