Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5 - DBPurge is not running for the past two days

Hi there

we have two ACS 5.0.4.46.1 and since a few weeks, it reports the following error:

Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-06 um 08.00.55.png         

I stopped and restarted ACS, reconfigured the repository, reconfigured the backup and so on. I even rebooted the ACS but it sill has this problem. Did anyone ever have this problem and how did you resolve it? I can see "Please contact TAC..." but I first wanted to ask the community.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Dominic

7 Replies 7

Vincent Fortrat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dominic,

I also received this kind of message in addition of other messages which indicate that purge has been successfully done.

Did you open a case about this behavior ?

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi Vincent

I did not open a TAC case, but I did the following test last week: I removed the installed patch 5-4-0-46-1.tar.gpg and voilà, we don't get the error message anymore. At the moment I will not update to 5.4.0.46.1 again, I just let it work like that.

If you have installed the patch, try this and send me a short update.

Best regards

Dominic

Thanks for your response Dominic ! I'm running ACS 5.3 patch 8, maybe there is the same problem in this patch. I will surely wait for the patch #9.

Thank you.

There is in fact a CDETS open for this

CSCue35765: invalid alarm show: DBPurge is not running for the past two days

According to the CDETS description:

- the purge itself is in fact running OK

- a restart of the system stops the alarms from occuring (although this contradicts information at the start of this thread although I guess that need to restart the M&T node)

Have not seen this confirmed from other sources

Hi jrabinow

thanks for the Bug ID. I did try to restart both ACS (primary and secondary [secondary is also M&T]) but in my case this did not help. But as I can see, the bug only occurs in patch 1 of 5.4, so this would correlate with my post, that removing the patch 1 did solve the problem.

Regards

Dominic

Understood and I passed this information on. Two items of good news here:

- This issue will be fixed in patch 2 which should be available by end of month

- All indications are that is an issue of incorrect notiifcation rather than the underlying purge not being performed. However, do understand that this may mask real alarm notifications

patch 2 was posted today and includes a fix for this issue