Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Incremental backup not configured

rakeshvelagala
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I have upgraded to ACS 5.5 patch 6, but having strange issues.

Though the incremental backup is configured, it is sending an alert as "Incremental backup is not configured. Configuring incremental backup is necessary to make the database purge successful. This will help to avoid disk space issues. View database Size is 13.68GB and size it occupies on the harddisk is 13.65GB."

I checked under the purge and incremental history, it has done the incremental backup.

I received another alert "Configure Remote Repository under Purge Configuration which is used to take a backup of data before purge" and check it is accessible from CLI #show repository xxxxx.

Has anyone gotten these issues before??

I have configured all these on Primary.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

sbouwer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rakesh

i have the exact same issue you have above only, We are using Cisco ACS ver 5.3 with the lastest patch.

ACS ver 5.3.0.40.9, have you resloved your issue.

Hi Sbouwer,

We are running 5.5 with latest patch so any advice?

Warning Alarm to wait 90 min between incremental backup and Purge time
CSCtx20928

From the ACS 5.x user guides , it is documented that If you enable incremental backup, data is purged daily at 4:00 a.m. at the local time zone where the ACS instance that runs the View process is located.

However, you cannot concurrently run an incremental backup, full backup, and data purge. If any of these jobs are running, you must wait for a period of 90 minutes before you can begin the next job.

If the Incremental Backup schedule is configured within the 90 minutes of Data Purge time, there is no warning thrown on the GUI against this config.In this case, we get Warning Alarms which don't indicate the right status to have wait period of 90 minutes before you can begin the next job.

The Warning Alarms which are shown are incorrect like:
Incremental Backup Not Configured: Incremental backup is not configured. Configuring incremental backup is necessary to make the database purge successful. This will help to avoid disk space issues. View database Size is 0.23GB and size it occupies on the harddisk is 0.23GB.

Purge Configuration Repository not configured: Configure Remote Repository under Purge Configuration which is used to take a backup of data before purge.

Workaround:
As data is purged daily at 4:00 a.m. at the local time zone where the ACS instance that runs the View process is located,configure Incremental Backup schedule at 90 min time gap between Data Purge time.

francig2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

If the incremental backup is working just fine but you keep getting alerts about this matter, just try to restart the affected ACS as you might be hitting a known bug "CSCtx99385    ACS Incorrectly Reports Incremental Backup Not Configured alert".

If after the restart you're still getting this alerts you can upgrade your ACS to 5.5 patch 4 wich is the latest version known so far.

Regards,

Fran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: