Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS "selective" restore.

marco.merlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

is there any way to selective restore items from an acs backup file?

I need to restore an primary ACS 5.3 configuration to a new  ACS running 5.6 in order to do some tests before upgrading to 5.4 and then 5.6 but I need to be sure that distributed related deployment configurations are not restored on the second ACS.

Regards

MM

3 Replies 3

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marco,

You would be doing acs restore and i don't see there is any selective backup options. May be you can remove the configurations from the device you want to take back up from, then take a back up and restore it on another device.

acs restore:

Usage Guidelines

Restores an ACS configuration from one ACS node to another. The restoration is performed from a temporary directory (the repository).

If you are restoring an primary ACS node configuration to a secondary, you must configure the secondary to local mode before you use this command (deregister from the primary node).
Caution The acs restore command causes ACS to reboot.

If you are restoring the backup file on a node that was part of the ACS deployment when the backup was performed, ACS replaces the database (including the old certificates and certificate request, if any exists), database password file, and viewer database, but not the prikeypwd.key (as this file can be associated only with the private keys of the original ACS primary node).

Regards,
Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Hi Kanwal,

thank you for the reply. Actually I need to restore a configuration taken from a primary node to an ACS that  will be a single node to perform some tests and than  will become part of a deployment.

Do you think that that the fact that the "new" ACS has a different ip address will avoid any issue with the production secondary one?

Regards

MM

Hi Marco,

It shouldn't be a problem since configuration restore won't change the IP's of the device on which you are restoring the backup.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.