Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS user password expire

arturo_triara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

We have Cisco ACS 4.1 and we need to know how to configure the user passwords to expire at determinate time and ask the user to change it.

its that possible?

thanks

regards...

2 Replies 2

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Goto interface config and enable the password aging feature. You can make passwords age by use (ie set number of authentications) or by date - in your case you would want date. This is under system config as I recall, allthough it might be possible to set it up on a group by group basis.

Assuming your users are connecting to IOS devices by TACACS+ when the password is near to the expiry condition, ACS will start to send warnings that the password is about to expire. Once expired it will permit a specificied grace period after which the user is locked out.

The ACS online docs and user guide all document password aging.

Hello

i made the configuration on the interface config, and group Password Aging Rules

i configured Apply password change rule      to Forces the user to change the password on the first log-in after an administrator has changed it.

when i try to loggin to the switch it shows this:

Chpass is currently disabled.

What could be missing?

thanks.

regards...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: