Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS v 5.2 can´t join to my domain

pwc_mexico
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

Somebody could help me, l have a new ACS v 5.2 appliance and l´m trying to join to my domain, but l haven´t could, the acs shows me the Clock skew error, and l was checking some documents about it doesnt work.

the acs have the same timezone and time that my domain, but the problem persist

Thank you so much for your help

7 Replies 7

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Have you confirmed that ALL of your DC's are using the same Timezone/Time. Also, which Timezone are you using on the ACS (Please share the timezone from the CLI) and which one is being used on your DC's? If possible share an screenshot.

Regards.

You're having the exact same issue as me except that I am using ACS 5.3 with patch-1.  I have a TAC case open with Cisco (SR 620347029) for the past six days without any results.

Update: Apparently, this is a "bug" in ACS 5.3 patch-1.  here is what I am getting back from Cisco TAC:

We found few serious issues in the ACS 5.3 related to AD connectivity.  We are producing pointed patch for this version and we expect it within two weeks.  Meanwhile, if you are not looking for any specific  feature in 5.3  -please downgrade it to 5.2 .

Has there been an update for this bug?  I am running 5.3 as well and running into this issue.

There have been many fixes resolved related to AD in patch 4 for ACS 5.3. I recommend installing the patch and retrying

The issue of can't join the domain is quite a generic one but the CDETS refered to from the TAC case above is

CSCtw71563 ACS gets disconnected from AD if received duplicate A records for DC

This is resolved in the patch

However, cannot guarantee that this is the issue you are seeing

Thanks for the reply. I will apply the latest patch and retry.

Thanks!

Adam America

Network Engineer

Katalyst Network Group

I can say that the issue is NOT completely fixed.  I applied the patch to my ACS 5.3 and it works about 90% of the times and failed 10% of the times.  I attempted to test the AD connection 100 times and it fails about 10 times and successful on the other 90 times.

No issues with ACS 5.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: