cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS VM License to ACS appliance: Option

ostubbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would like to better understand how licensing is reinforced for ACS running on the SNS 3515 appliance (SNS-3515-ACS-K9) when the “Upgrade to ACS” SKU (ACS-SW-3515-UP-K9 ) is purchased.   I'm  addressing a question for a customer who is about place the order for the 3515 w/ “Upgrade to ACS” SKU  and would like to know if this entitles them to a completely new instance of ACS that they can run in a redundant fashion with the existing ACS VM or if they will need to decommission the old VM once the 3515 is installed.

I got in on this at the end of this process.  Otherwise I would have had ISE strongly recommended

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Olando,

We have no way to enforce it on ACS.

The upgrade SKU is meant to be from the same appliance (or VM) to the same one.

Technically,  backup and restore the ACS config will carryover the license.

Thanks

Krishnan 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Olando,

We have no way to enforce it on ACS.

The upgrade SKU is meant to be from the same appliance (or VM) to the same one.

Technically,  backup and restore the ACS config will carryover the license.

Thanks

Krishnan 

Thank you Krishna

Olauhdo Stubbs

SYSTEMS ENGINEER.SALES - SECURITY

ostubbs@cisco.com<mailto:ostubbs@cisco.com>

Tel: +1 919 392 2042

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Research Triangle Park

United States

Cisco.com<http://www.cisco.com/>

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Please click here<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for Company Registration Information.