Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS VM upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1.1.24 than 5.3

Mohammad Usman
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I want to upgrade the Cisco ACS ver from 4.0 to 4.1.1.24 running on VM envoinment with primary and scondary server. I have tried to find documents related this upgradation.

My target is:

4.0====4.1.1.24====5.3

Secondly I wanted to know that this upgradation would possible for VMs or not. and this upgratation (4.0 to 4.1.1.24) could be possible on demo license?. because I have orderd to Cisco L-CSACS-53VMUP-K9 and CON-SAS-CSACS3V.

?

I am worried about it please help me out. If anybody has done this upgradation already so please share the docs or manual/ upgradation guide. I shall be thankfull.

Thanks,

Usman

4 Replies 4

mauzamor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohammad,

About the upgrade from 4.0 --> 4.1.1.24 --> 5.3, first of all the ACS 4.x and 5.x are totally different you cannot upgrade from 4.1 to 5.x, what you can do is to upgrade from 4.0 --> 4.1.1.24 then use an application called Migration Utility (which is downloaded from the ACS 5.3) and transfer "some" of your 4.1 configuration to the new ACS 5.3.

You can upgrade your ACS 4.0 to 4.1 in a VM, that's will work and you don't need to worry about the license as ACS 4x is not license based.

The new ACS 5.3 can run on a VM however it requires very specific hardware settings like 500 GB or 60 GB (just evaluation version no TAC support).  This new ACS does requires a Base license.

Here is the documentation about this just in case:

-ACS 5.x VM requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/installation/guide/csacs_vmware.html#wp1056074

-ACS 5.x Migration utility:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/migration/guide/Migration_overview_oper.html#wp1027036

Let me know if it helps.

Hi All,

I'm interested to be informed on which are all version numbers of ACS starting from ACS version 4.1?

I'm currently deployed in our environment the 4.1 version, but is there any problem that it's allready out of support, Should I replace it with the new acs version?

Thanks a lot in advance.

As our of support you'll not be getting any support form Cisco on this one if it shows any kind of problem. (including service goes down). So, if you expect cisco support then you need to upgrade. Otherwise you can keep whatever version you have.

BTW, 4.2 version is going to be EoS within about one year.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thank you.