Views
Helpful
Replies

add Fastlane Support in NSP Profile

Oliver Laue
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

with AireOS 8.3 and iOS 10 we receive a feature called Fastlane for QoS between Apple idevices and a Cisco Wireless Infrastructure.

Will there be an addition in a future patch for the NSP Provisioning to control this feature in a BYOD environment?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a feature that would more likely be controllable via a MDM solution.  ISE itself focuses on provisioning the supplicant of the device for network access.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this in regards to 802.11r?  My understanding is that it is a feature enabled on the WLAN so that iOS devices that support it can use it.  Is there something on the iOS side that can be enabled via a mobileconfig file?

Regards,

-Tim

Fastlane is the WMM QoS addition, you can control to disable the feature of the device which it is by default enabled and if it is enabled which apps are allowed to send there QoS Markings.

By default all are allowed which i think most customers don't like if a WhatsApp call has a higher priority than the Business ERP Applicaton.

This is a feature that would more likely be controllable via a MDM solution.  ISE itself focuses on provisioning the supplicant of the device for network access.

Regards,

-Tim

Thanks, would be problematic to manage a private device with a MDM Solution in countries like a Germany.

Which leads to a seperate SSID with these features disabled.

Good point.  Provisioning devices to connect to a SSID with those features disabled is the only option I can think of if MDM isn't an option.

Regards,

-Tim