Views
Helpful
Replies

Add New MAC Address for MAB on Identity Groups

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I want to add new MAC address to Endpoint Identity Groups to my ISE, so my IP phone can bypass dot1x authentication process via MAB. The thing is, I was unable to add the new MAC address since it is not on the available list, even though the IP phone is already connected to the network for more than 1 month. And I could not find a way to add that MAC address to the list. Is there any way I can add MAC address so it can be found on the list?

I found a workaround by connecting the IP phone to a port where dot1x is active. This way, the MAC can be found on the list because it was challenged for authentication. But I find it is not practical since I have hundreds of IP phone to be registered.

Thank you.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You can add a new mac address by going on menu workcenter/Network Access/Identity.

On the table at the bottom, click the + sign and add the new mac address, and select the right group policy for him by selecting assign static policy.

You can also import a csv if you have multiple mac addresses to add.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

Hi Francesco,

I already obtained the csv template and got the example csv file from ISE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not all the columns should be filled right? Even if it is filled from the exported file. From my observation, I only need to fill these fields: MACAddress, IdentityGroup, AuthorizationPolicyMatchedRule, SelectedAuthorizationProfiles, StaticAssignment, and StaticGroupAssignment. Do I miss something?

And after the csv file is good to go, I need to import the file to the ISE from Work Centers -> Network Access -> Identities -> Import -> Import From File -> Submit. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Hi,

In your case, just two fields : MacAddress(eg: 00:00:00:00:00:00) & IdentityGroup (eg: IP Phone), Please don't delete any columns.

you can import the file to ISE on this path Context visibility->Endpoints->Import->Import from file->Choose the file->Submit->Ok

-Aravind

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You can add a new mac address by going on menu workcenter/Network Access/Identity.

On the table at the bottom, click the + sign and add the new mac address, and select the right group policy for him by selecting assign static policy.

You can also import a csv if you have multiple mac addresses to add.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,

I already obtained the csv template and got the example csv file from ISE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not all the columns should be filled right? Even if it is filled from the exported file. From my observation, I only need to fill these fields: MACAddress, IdentityGroup, AuthorizationPolicyMatchedRule, SelectedAuthorizationProfiles, StaticAssignment, and StaticGroupAssignment. Do I miss something?

And after the csv file is good to go, I need to import the file to the ISE from Work Centers -> Network Access -> Identities -> Import -> Import From File -> Submit. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Hi,

In your case, just two fields : MacAddress(eg: 00:00:00:00:00:00) & IdentityGroup (eg: IP Phone), Please don't delete any columns.

you can import the file to ISE on this path Context visibility->Endpoints->Import->Import from file->Choose the file->Submit->Ok

-Aravind

Hi Aravind,

Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: