cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adjust ISE Device Type for multiple existing devices

Minnesotakid
Level 1
Level 1

We're running ISE 2.3 patch 5 and I am looking to change the device type of a large amount of our existing network devices. 

Is the only way to do this Export > Adjust csv > re-import device list?

I am trying to avoid clicking every single device and changing the device type drop-down. 

Any guidance is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best way to do that is exporting the list to CSV, modify it, and re-import.  But when you import, make sure to check the option that says to overwrite existing data with new data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best way to do that is exporting the list to CSV, modify it, and re-import.  But when you import, make sure to check the option that says to overwrite existing data with new data.

Thanks @Colby LeMaire and @paul! That worked great. Although it does seem a bit clunky. I wish we had a way to mass-update hosts from the Network Devices screen but oh well.

One tip for anyone doing this. Configure one of the network devices in your export the way you intend on configuring the others. This will provide you with the format that ISE expects. 

paul
Level 10
Level 10
The export, adjust CSV, import is the fastest way by far to do mass updates in the Network Device list. Open the CSV in Excel, do a Ctrl-H and do a search and replace for old device type name with the new device type name. Save the file, import and you are all set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: