cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet, ACS and LDAP

bapayne
Level 1
Level 1

I have client with ACS authenticating remote users against an LDAP. They want to have wireless users using aironet authenticate against the same directory. I can find mention of PEAP against LDAP but no configuration instructions. If I can't do it with the Aironet then they are going to use another vendors APs. Encryption from the client to the AP is not required.

2 Replies 2

jhillend
Level 1
Level 1

Authentication for PEAP using LDAP is accomplished using Cisco's version of PEAP (EAP-GTC). Configuring the client is well documented in the Cisco Aironet Client software documentation. On the ACS side, check out the latest documentation. It requires that ACS have a server certificate and a CA certificate installed and that a CA certificate be installed on the PEAP supplicant.

I have not found very good ACS docs on EAP-GTC, almost cryptic. Sometimes it is hard to seperate MS-PEAP configuration from EAP-GTC. Is there a specific doc for configuring EAP-GTC on the ACS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: