cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Android 10 BYOD Support

CarlCarlson1234
Level 1
Level 1

Android 10 is still not supported with the BYOD flow. I've tested up to 2.4 patch 10 with latest posture update.  It is able to get to opening the application then the application says it can't find the session, have you logged into the portal.

There is a bug but it doesn't seem to be public yet, CSCvp32898 Day0: Android Qbeta is not able to complete the BYOD flow .

Has anyone found a work around (other than using a different product) or heard anything from Support indicating when it will be supported?

18 Replies 18

Hello,

It seems to still be an issue for many people. Has anyone tried Android 10 BYOD using a dual flow connection?

Thank You,

I can confirm that dual flow connection works using "Cisco supported OS version 49.0.0.0" and NSA version. 2.2.0.66 using both EST and SCEP.  This is on 2.4.

NSA version 2.2.0.64 broke SCEP.  v66 was released in response to that.

geeyc5113
Level 1
Level 1

I read through the Bugs detail, it mention the Network Setup Assistant 2.2.0.66 fixed the issue.  You tested with ISE 2.4, but what is your Network Setup Assistant version?  By upgrading your ISE to 2.4, it will not auto upgrade the network setup assistant to 2.4.  

What fixed Android 10 enrollment, if I remember correctly was a posture update within ISE to Cisco supported OS version 49.0.0.0.  I was probably running something like NSA 2.2.0.62. 

After it was working for like a month, on December 24th of 2019 Cisco updated NSA on the Google play store to 2.2.0.64, I think, to make the Android 10 enrollment process smoother.  However, this update specifically did not work with SCEP enrollment so BYOD enrollment for ALL android devices was suddenly broken for my company when we came back from Christmas break.  As a result Cisco pushed 2.2.0.66 to the play store like the first or second week of January 2020 and fixed SCEP enrollment.