Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect 4.5.03040

HendriktheGreat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I am aware that AnyConnect version 4.5 is antiquated and vastly out-of-date.  I am not the person who has authorization to change the version that we deploy to our clients.  Currently that position is unfilled and I have no ability to make any changes to the network configuration or infrastructure.

I do, however, have a client with a personal computer attempting to use our network.  When the laptop connects to the network and downloads the AnyConnect client, the download and install work fine.  Once the client is installed and it checks the system, the client receives a message that "The Operating system is not supported by the server.  Contact your System Administrator."

The clients computer has Windows 10 Pro Education installed, updated to 19044 (21H2).  Uninstalling and reinstalling AnyConnect makes no difference.  Downloading and installing optional windows updates makes no difference.

I have been dealing with this specific version of AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for about 5 years, and this is the first time I've seen this message.  Does anyone have any idea what is causing it or what I can do to resolve the problem that does not involve upgrading to a newer version of AnyConnect or upgrading our ISE server (since I don't have any authority to do either of those things)?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It seems that your back-end older ISE in posturing does (no longer) recognize the windows-version when 'posturing'. This leaves you with a chicken and egg problem as you can not touch ISE apparently. Here is a similar bug report : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw51262 , which advises to bypass posturing for the particular (clients). A full related bug list is contained here : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch?pf=prdNm&kw=The%20Operating%20system%20is%20not%20supported%20by%20the%20server%20anyconnect&bt=custV&sb=anfr

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please make sure the posture feed updated to the latest so your ISE deployment has the most recent Cisco Support OS version.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 9.23.16 AM.png

Hslai,

Thank you for trying to help, but I have no access to that UI, nor if I did would I have authority to make any changes.  I am not the network administrator, nor do I have a network administrator to call upon.  I'm simply trying to troubleshoot the end-user issue.

marce1000,

it doesn't look like that will help me much.  I tried to open the bug list but it wouldn't allow me to see any results.  But I appreciate very much your taking the time and understanding the problem I'm faced with.

>....I'm simply trying to troubleshoot the end-user issue.

- You can't resolve  the end user issue without managerial access and tasks executed on ISE as mentioned in  the complete answer from hslai

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: