Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect NAM 802.1x supplicant question

r0nni3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am using the AnyConnect Network Access Manager as a 802.1x supplicant (with an ACS 5.4 as authentication server). The authentication process works like a charm but there is one issue that the users here do not like. There is a popup window from AnyConnect with a "cancel" button after the users enter their username and password...

Now you would think that this should not be an issue but I have experienced otherwise. The users here seem to like to click cancel buttons which in this case interrupts that authentication process (so they get placed in the guest VLAN). I have attached a photo of the popup window. Does any of you know a way to hide this popup window completely or at least make the cancel button unclickable ?

Thank you in advance,

Ron Aarts

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you check the link below and see if the client policy helps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/administration/guide/ac04namconfig.html#wp1124492

Check and see if the disable client option is not checked and test.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hello Tarik,

Thanks for your input. I already have the "Allow users to disable client" unchecked.

I believe this option is to disable the AnyConnect client once the PC is logged in and not for the pop-up window that shows up during the login procedure.

Regards,

Ron Aarts

Ron,

I see this as being an issue with the client, what version of anyconnect are you clients using? I can not remember seeing the cancel button in a recent release of 3.1.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hello Tarik,

We are using version 3.1.02040. As you can see in the screenshot the cancel button appears on the network access manager popup right after entering your windows username and password. I opened up a TAC with this question and the answer was that there will be an option to disable the cancel button in a later version.

Regards,

Ron Aarts