cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Posture - "client incompatible with old policy server version"

Phillip Macey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Windows box with the Anyconnect 4.3 posture module installed. It is spitting out an error saying "client incompatible with old policy server version" when it tries to posture itself (ISE 1.4, latest compliance modules). Can anyone give me a pointer as to what this actually means? I've been unable to find it in any documentation or google searches. Also buried in the windows event logs on the client are some messages saying 'Unsupported policy version: 2' and 'Server error - 5002'. All of these messages appear to be associated.

(I've not previously used AnyConnect for posture so Im setting it up from scratch and testing it.. Posture works perfectly well for me with the NAC Agent)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I saw this same issue which isnt documented, but the compliance module 4.2 is not supported with 1.4, please downgrade your compliance module and you should be good to go.

thanks,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I saw this same issue which isnt documented, but the compliance module 4.2 is not supported with 1.4, please downgrade your compliance module and you should be good to go.

thanks,

Spot on, thanks! I downgraded from the latest 4.2 compliance module to the latest 3.6 compliance module. It all started working immediately after that.

Saved my day!!!! Just to update that even anyconnect 4.3 ( ISE 2.0 ) with compliance module 4.2 have an issue and is not supported by win 10.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: