Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone happy with Cisco TAC support?

TAC support has gotten really bad for the past few years.  I've many cases opened and it just drags on for months without any resolutions.  The TAC engineers are not very responsive.  For example, I opened a TAC case on 06/24 for an issue.  I got a response back on the same day, provided the engineer everything he requested.  I haven't heard from him since.  The SE support the account is any better, completely clueless.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

16 Replies 16

Sheraz.Salim
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

I have had a similar suitation. I also find the TAC support is not up-to-date as it was few years ago. For example, in my case major P1 case opened and myself working with a TAC first line support engineer. where I have to push him to bring in his team leader to fast track the problem/fix the issue.

on other time the TAC engineer was not very helpful. as some one mentioned as the new technology are eveloving so TAC need time to replicate the issue. In my experience, some time TAC can not repliacte the issue if you have a physical appliances issue. or software is complex where its heavily used (configuration wise). I recently came across an physical issue with FMC/FTD where we were using the physical appliances and TAC engineer mentioned he need to get a permission into to replicate this issue. according to him the virutal appliance no issue at your. TAC can get their hand on it any time but when it come to physical appliances they need permission.

In other case the TAC engineer is too slow to respond even all the infomration was provided. I even CC Manager,team leader etc but they never bother to email back.

I also come to suitation where engineer agreed to meet up (day before we agreed on time) but at the webex meeting engineer never showed up.

I had these issue with having the smartnet contract and also with PSS contract same outcome. we could not afforad the HTTS services so no idea what it is like. but what i have heard is HTTS is the elite TAC eningeers how maste the technology on different platform.

on the other side. I also came across some very bright TAC Engineer. with so much experience and having a good command on the software. where you just say to yourself WOW.... This TAC Engineer is Dam good.

To summaries,

TAC India is good. Poland good too. Jordon is okay this is where they need imporvement. it also depends which technology area you having issue with. The security technology TAC teams are in Poland, Jordan, and India.

if you not happy with TAC or how they dealing with your case/s. you can always feedback to the email once tac close the case an email always come to your inbox from Cisco Customer Experience the subject is 2 Minutes -Your TAC Experience.

please do not forget to rate.

@Sheraz.Salim wrote:
I had these issue with having the smartnet contract and also with PSS contract same outcome. we could not afforad the HTTS services so no idea what it is like. but what i have heard is HTTS is the elite TAC eningeers how maste the technology on different platform.

The success of this forum is really telling -- Murmurs are getting louder about HTTS.  (Read between the lines.)

@Sheraz.Salim wrote:
TAC India is good.

Depends on the "technology" the case is in.  I have several TAC Cases with them and we are about to "push the button" and move every one of those cases to NAM.  Every.  One.  Of.  Them.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers