cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Upgrade of ACS 5.4 Manifest?

Gustavo Novais
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my ACS 5.3 (patch 7) to ACS 5.4 and I've downloaded the application bundle from Cisco.

I'm transferring the app bundle via FTP towards the VM containing ACS, yet I ALWAYS get %Manifest File not found in bundle.

I've opened the bundle and  found the manifest .xml inside.

I've double verified MD5 checks, size files, re-downloaded everything, even copied it to the local disk of the appliance. Also browsed through this forum to see that there are people having the same problem with other ACS version upgrades and besides re-downloading and using FTP there isn't a specific solution.

I'm always getting this error.

I know that it must be possible to do upgrade, but I'm stuck. Does anybody have any insight on this?

I do see on the FTP server logs that the file gets transferred, but as pretty much as soon as it finishes transferring (not enough time in my view to extract a 1.2 GB file) I get an error

I'm doing the:

application upgrade ACS_5.4.0.46.tar.gz FTP

(...)

%Manifest file not found in the bundle

If anybody can provide its experience...

Thanks

Gustavo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am not sure what the question is that you are asking.

Note the release notes have been updated for 5.4 as follows and I hope this gives you the information you require

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/release/notes/acs_54_rn.html

Specifically

Upgrading an ACS Server

If you have either ACS 5.2 or ACS 5.3 installed on your machine, you can upgrade to ACS 5.4 using one of the following two methods:

Upgrading an ACS Server using the Application Upgrade Bundle

Reimaging and Upgrading an ACS Server

You can only perform an application upgrade, on either a Cisco appliance or a virtual machine, if the disk size is greater than or equal to 500 GB. If you have a smaller disk size, you need to reimage to ACS 5.4 followed by a restore of the backup taken in ACS 5.2 or ACS 5.3 version to trigger the upgrade.

When you upgrade from ACS 5.3, it is mandatory to have previously installed a minimum patch version of 5.3.0.4.6 prior to the upgrade or the upgrade will fail. It is recommended to install patch 5.3.40.8 prior to the upgrade. Note that ACS 5.4 does not yet include all fixes that are included in 5.3.0.40.8. Therefore, if any of these fixes are required, you should delay the upgrade until the first patch for ACS 5.4 is released.

See Installation and Upgrade Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.4 for information on upgrading your ACS Server.

An additional note is that the first patch for ACS 5.4 is now available and so includes all the fixes that were inlcuded in ACS 5.3 up to patch 8. Patch 1 of ACS5.4 also includes support for later Firefox versions 

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is there a firewall between the ACS and the ftp server? If so, could you try moving the file to a ftp server that isnt between a firewall.

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Tarik,

nope, no firewall in between. The transfer is well done (at least from what the ftp server tells me).

I do find that the gap of time between the transfer finish and the message isn't large enough to uncompress 1.2 GB...

Thanks

Just to add that I'm now on the same network as the ACS, I've tried with two different files and always got the same result.

The only thing in common now is the ACS instance. It looks almost as the upgrade code doesn't try to unzip the bundle...

Thanks

Just to be sure you are using ftp and not tftp correct?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tarik,

Yes I am using ftp.

Nevertheless, I had the opportunity to try the upgrade on another installation and that didn't pose any problems.

I'm wondering if my ACS installation is in good health... I've been able to install every patch since 5.2, and am now currently on patch level 7 of 5.3.

Would the fact that the machine is thin prov running on 100GB disk pose an issue for this specific upgrade?

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes,

Thin provisioning and 100gb hard disk is not supported.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Sorry, 60 Gb not 100Gb.

What I find strange is that even though not supported (thin provisioning) it has been working properly, disk occupation seems, plenty of space.

Are you aware of any logs we can check for this?

Thanks

Gustavo, tengo el mismo problema que vos. Pudiste solucionarlo?

In English too, just in case: I have the same problem as you. Could you fix it?

I had the same error regarding the manifest file and I followed the vm install guide for setting up the vm and disks. 

I was migrating from 5.2 to 5.4. Since I could not get the 5.4 patch to install on 5.2, I had to do a fresh install of 5.2, restore a backup, upgrade to 5.3, make another backup, do a fresh install of 5.4 and restore the 5.3 backup.

afantin
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same error too. Anybody found the solution?. it's possible to upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4? Cisco please tell us how...

Hello,

So, from feedback that I could get.

I had customers that managed to use the application upgrade bundle to upgrade their existing ACS 5.2/5.3 installations.

The main premise is that they were actually using 500GB disk - so had a proper installation - as they should as customers.

In my case it was a lab installation, although fully licensed - I was running in 60GB of disk.

I was pretty much forced to install ACS 5.4 from scratch and restore a backup from ACS 5.3. No chance on performing the application upgrade.

The advantage of this approach is that 5.4 does no longer enforce the 500GB limit, so finally I could have a fully licensed working, supported installation on 100GB of disk.

I didn't open any TAC case on this, as my config was unsupported due to disk size.

Anyway it does seem like an error or a script blowing up, but I cannot tell if any supported installations will have problems.

Thanks for all your input.

Ok, Gustavo, thanks for the info.

I'll do the same as you then.

hui jin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,Gustavo,

I have same trouble in upgrade,i still waiting for somebody to answer this question

I have some question to ask you ,if you can

1:your acs is  5.3(patch7)?

2:hardware or vm(esxi 4.0 or 5.1) or workstation

3:harddisk over 500GB ?

I am not sure what the question is that you are asking.

Note the release notes have been updated for 5.4 as follows and I hope this gives you the information you require

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/release/notes/acs_54_rn.html

Specifically

Upgrading an ACS Server

If you have either ACS 5.2 or ACS 5.3 installed on your machine, you can upgrade to ACS 5.4 using one of the following two methods:

Upgrading an ACS Server using the Application Upgrade Bundle

Reimaging and Upgrading an ACS Server

You can only perform an application upgrade, on either a Cisco appliance or a virtual machine, if the disk size is greater than or equal to 500 GB. If you have a smaller disk size, you need to reimage to ACS 5.4 followed by a restore of the backup taken in ACS 5.2 or ACS 5.3 version to trigger the upgrade.

When you upgrade from ACS 5.3, it is mandatory to have previously installed a minimum patch version of 5.3.0.4.6 prior to the upgrade or the upgrade will fail. It is recommended to install patch 5.3.40.8 prior to the upgrade. Note that ACS 5.4 does not yet include all fixes that are included in 5.3.0.40.8. Therefore, if any of these fixes are required, you should delay the upgrade until the first patch for ACS 5.4 is released.

See Installation and Upgrade Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.4 for information on upgrading your ACS Server.

An additional note is that the first patch for ACS 5.4 is now available and so includes all the fixes that were inlcuded in ACS 5.3 up to patch 8. Patch 1 of ACS5.4 also includes support for later Firefox versions 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: