cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assigne Respective VLAN to the User connected via Un-Managed Switch which is conncted to Managed Switch

Hi Experts,

I am new to ISE, Please help me out.Please find the attached scenario of my Query.

Scenario:

Due to scarcity of LAN ports in our Office Conference room we have placed an Un-managed switch and plugged the Un-Managed switch port to one of the Cisco Managed port and assigned the respected VLAN in Managed ports manually when different VLAN users want to use conference room.

Problem:

My Question is when we implement an Cisco ISE in my Organization how can we assignee VLAN to the users who are sitting in Conference room who are plugged into an Un-Managed Switch

Thanks and Regards

Kiran Kumar CH

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What model is your unmanaged switch?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi

Its an Basic Netgare 24 Port Un-Manageble switch which we use in House for LAN Extentions

You will not be able to assign vlans to this model switch. Your best bet is to upgrade to a 3560 or to use multi-auth with webauthentication on the uplink port that the netgear connects to.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tarik,

Thanks for your Help,  As i am new to ISE I will work on the concept "multi-auth with webauthentication".If you have any helpfull links can you please post .

Thanks and Regards

Kiran Kumar CH