cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
James.Longman
Beginner

Autoamtically email reports from ACS5?

Hi All,

Is there a way I can get the ACS (5.3) to email some of it's reports on a schedule?

I'm hoping to send automated summaries of failed logins to the service desk each Monday morning. I just don't see any way of doing it!

M

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Amjad Abdullah
Engager

This is unfortunately not possible. The e-mails notification is for threshold alarms only.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

Well, you can create a threshold alarm for failed attemps and so you can get e-mails about failed attempts:

From  ACS view -> Alarms -> Thresholds. create a new threshold. fromn "Category" choose "Failed Authentications".

When the failed attemtps exceeds the threshold you creates you'll receive a notification e-mail.

But this is still does not seem what you want about a report with all failed attemtps to be sent.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amjad Abdullah
Engager

This is unfortunately not possible. The e-mails notification is for threshold alarms only.

Well, you can create a threshold alarm for failed attemps and so you can get e-mails about failed attempts:

From  ACS view -> Alarms -> Thresholds. create a new threshold. fromn "Category" choose "Failed Authentications".

When the failed attemtps exceeds the threshold you creates you'll receive a notification e-mail.

But this is still does not seem what you want about a report with all failed attemtps to be sent.

Amjad,

That's pretty much the conclusion I reached too. It's good to have it confirmed though. Appreciate it!

J

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad

ISE Webinars

Miss a previous ISE webinar?
Never miss one again!

CiscoISE on YouTube