Views
Helpful
Replies

Blue Coat packetshaper authentication with acs 5.3

sansarav720e
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I need authenticate my bluecoat packet shaper with ACS 5.3 as radius/TACACS client ..  Kindly let me if cisco has tested with ACS 5.3 version .

HTH Regards Santhosh Saravanan
1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you are trying to authenticate your device with either tacacs or radius it should be up to Bluecoat to meet the requirements for authentication/authorization. Radius is a standardized protocol and isnt industry specific so that should not be a challenge when configuring this feature. Tacacs is Cisco proprietary, however other manufacturers have taken this protocol and integrated this into their environment so they should understand how it should work with the way Cisco has outlined this protocol.

With that out of the way if you follow the blue coat guide as far as configuring tacacs or radius authentication. Let us know what attributes the blue coat device needs in order to make this work and we can help you.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: