cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
silla
Beginner

Can I mix & match appliance types in a Cisco ISE (>=2.4) distributed deployment

Hello,

I have a customer who is migrating his virtual machines from vmware to kvm; is it possible to have a distributed ISE deployment with one vmware appliance and one kvm appliance?

Thanks!

Best regards

Silla Rizzoli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Colby LeMaire
VIP Collaborator

Yes, it doesn't matter to ISE.  You can mix virtual appliances with physical as well.  The only thing that I would try to do is keep the same number of resources on each of the Admin/MnT nodes.  For example, don't use large appliance specs on the primary and small appliance specs on the secondary.  It isn't necessarily a requirement but just something that I would try to do so that performance is consistent during failovers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Colby LeMaire
VIP Collaborator

Yes, it doesn't matter to ISE.  You can mix virtual appliances with physical as well.  The only thing that I would try to do is keep the same number of resources on each of the Admin/MnT nodes.  For example, don't use large appliance specs on the primary and small appliance specs on the secondary.  It isn't necessarily a requirement but just something that I would try to do so that performance is consistent during failovers.

View solution in original post

Thank you Colby!
Content for Community-Ad