cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't authenticate NT login over VPN.

forbesb
Level 1
Level 1

Can't authenticate NT login over VPN using Cisco 3005. Tried MS VPN client and Cisco client and we cstill cannot authenticate to NT domain. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

e.l
Level 1
Level 1

I have had this same problem before. We add the WINS servers parameter for the VPN client . Windows always uses WINS server for name resolution of its Primary Domain Controller. If it can not resolve the PDC Netbios name, it will try its cache, DNS. If all fail then it won`t be able to login to the Domain.

HTH

We have a Windows 2000 domain running in mixed mode. The client is running XP Pro. When we try to authenticate ,it appears as if it authenticates but we can't get to any of our network resources (such as mapping drives, connecting to printers etc.) We tried it from a Win98 client and the the network log in screen comes back after about a minute or two asking with the log in screen again. We can ping ip addresses on the network. I think we have a setting wrong on the concentrator but I haven't been able to find it.

Are you giving out the IP address of your W2K AD server as a DNS server on the concentrator?

Is DNS running on the W2K server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: