cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Match endPoint Profile for OUI equals "LG Electronics (Mobile Communications)"

Bill CARTER
Level 5
Level 5

Using the ISE Endpoint Analysis Tool, I can not get a profile to match. I am wondering if it is because the OUI contains ( and ).

I don't get a match when OUI EQUALS LG Electronics (Mobile Communications).

There is a match on "LG-Device" which uses "OUI Contains LG Electronics".

<CPMProfilerPolicies>
<Policies>
<Policy isEnabled="true" matchingIdentityGroup="false" minimumCertaintyMetric="10" version="2" name="LG" description="">
<PolicyRules>
<PolicyRule certaintyFactor="40" name="LGRule5c3cd48f1f12b"/>
<PolicyRule certaintyFactor="40" name="LGRule5c3cd48f1f132"/>
</PolicyRules>
</Policy>
</Policies>
<Rules>
<Rule description="Mac_OUI_Equals_LG Electronics (Mobile Communications)" expression="LGRule5c3cd48f1f12bCheck5c3cd48f1f12e" name="LGRule5c3cd48f1f12b" ruleType="Regular"/>
<Rule description="DHCP_dhcp-class-identifier_Equals_android-dhcp-9" expression="LGRule5c3cd48f1f132Check5c3cd48f1f133" name="LGRule5c3cd48f1f132" ruleType="Regular"/>
</Rules>
<Checks>
<Check attributeName="OUI" attributeValue="LG Electronics (Mobile Communications)" description="Mac OUI Equals LG Electronics (Mobile Communications)" name="LGRule5c3cd48f1f12bCheck5c3cd48f1f12e" operator="Equals" type="Mac"/>
<Check attributeName="dhcp-class-identifier" attributeValue="android-dhcp-9" description="DHCP dhcp-class-identifier Equals android-dhcp-9" name="LGRule5c3cd48f1f132Check5c3cd48f1f133" operator="Equals" type="DHCP"/>
</Checks>
<Actions/>
<ScanActions/>
</CPMProfilerPolicies>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ma.alsaffar
Level 1
Level 1
believe it or not, i faces many issues similar to yours, what you need to do for troubleshooting:
1. Using different LG device and check if get profiled correctly or not.
2. try to use MAC Address start with for example : 28:16:AD:F5.
3. create new profile even with same OUI attribute and test.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

MajidShirzadeh
Level 1
Level 1

What version of ISE are you using, I had same issue on 2.3, however it works fine on 2.4 with creating separate profile and adding to Logical profile, when you are looking at Condition, under Expression you should have MAC:OUI then equals "LG Electronics"

I am on 2.4 Patch 5.

I will try working with a separate profile. 

ma.alsaffar
Level 1
Level 1
believe it or not, i faces many issues similar to yours, what you need to do for troubleshooting:
1. Using different LG device and check if get profiled correctly or not.
2. try to use MAC Address start with for example : 28:16:AD:F5.
3. create new profile even with same OUI attribute and test.

Regards,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: