cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can we out multiple java script inside "sponsor portal settings" -> "instructional text" ?

kaushalparab
Level 1
Level 1

we know customer as many request for customization and everytime we need to add Java script as per request. and whenever i see java script cisco asked to put under sportal portal settings-> instructional text . if we have many scripts can we put one by one below? or is there any limit of we can only put 1x script inside  instructional text?  Thanks. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There may be a limit to that actual number of bytes ISE is willing to store for the Instructional Text.

Otherwise, there should not be a limit to the number of <script></script> tags nor to the amount of Javascript code within those elements. Ultimately, it's just part of the portal HTML code that ISE is serving.

I just added 10 x scripts and you can see it rendered in the Preview

image.png

Any JavaScript customizations are the responsibility of the customer and should be tested for browser compatibility and performance impacts.

View solution in original post

Great ,  as per your screen capture there are multple scripts open and closed. Thanks for info...appreciate your response. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There may be a limit to that actual number of bytes ISE is willing to store for the Instructional Text.

Otherwise, there should not be a limit to the number of <script></script> tags nor to the amount of Javascript code within those elements. Ultimately, it's just part of the portal HTML code that ISE is serving.

I just added 10 x scripts and you can see it rendered in the Preview

image.png

Any JavaScript customizations are the responsibility of the customer and should be tested for browser compatibility and performance impacts.

Great ,  as per your screen capture there are multple scripts open and closed. Thanks for info...appreciate your response.