Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you upgrade NAC 3315 to ISE 1.3?

denizyaran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Got a pair of 3315s running ISE 1.2. The release notes for 1.3 suggests that it supports 3315. 

In my opinion, the appliance only has 4GB RAM. Can it really run 1.3? If yes, can it support 1000 users?

Thank you.

Serge.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes the 3315 can run ISE 1.3. The sizing guidance indicates it can support up to 2,000 endpoints. 

You would be much better served to just migrate to a current version (2.2 is the latest) and running on VMs.  You cannot run 2.x on a 3315.

2.2 has many many improvements over the old 1.x versions. 

View solution in original post

Hey Serge,

I just did this recently on a ISE 1.1.4 deployment took it to ISE 1.4. Console is boarderline unusable after upgrade. Processes RADIUS authentications and services clients ok (only have about 500 conncurrent active) But now takes 45 minutes for services restart.

Not worth it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes the 3315 can run ISE 1.3. The sizing guidance indicates it can support up to 2,000 endpoints. 

You would be much better served to just migrate to a current version (2.2 is the latest) and running on VMs.  You cannot run 2.x on a 3315.

2.2 has many many improvements over the old 1.x versions. 

Hey Serge,

I just did this recently on a ISE 1.1.4 deployment took it to ISE 1.4. Console is boarderline unusable after upgrade. Processes RADIUS authentications and services clients ok (only have about 500 conncurrent active) But now takes 45 minutes for services restart.

Not worth it.

Thanks for the reply guys. Another company has upgraded them to 1.2 and they are running slightly slower than before but still OK. So I guess 1.3 might be OK. 

The company has purchased 3595 appliances but these are still under support.

I wanted to simplify the guest portal experience as well.

Thank you.