cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot add endpoint in ISE 2.2P9

fachahbar
Level 1
Level 1

When i try to add an endpoint with a specific MAC-adress i get the error saying that "unable to create an endpoint"

in the debug i can see that this MAC-adress is already exist,

Endpoint "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" already exists. com.cisco.profiler.common.ProfilerException: Unable to create the endpoint. Endpoint "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" already exists

but i can not see it in:

Work Center -> Network Access -> Identities -> Endpoints

Any suggestion how to solve this issue?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

On Context Visibility screen, try to do an import from a CSV file that contains that MAC address.  When you import a CSV if the MAC address exists ISE simply updates the information on the MAC address.  It shouldn't complain that already exists.  I am curios to see if anything shows up after you do the import.

View solution in original post

anthonylofreso
Level 4
Level 4

FYI, I also was not able to add an endpoint using the described method 2.2 patch 9.

We use the API typically to add endpoints, and this does still work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Can you find this Endpoint in the Context Visibility?  If so, try deleting it and then adding it again.

Hi,
No I can not find it in the context visibility.

On Context Visibility screen, try to do an import from a CSV file that contains that MAC address.  When you import a CSV if the MAC address exists ISE simply updates the information on the MAC address.  It shouldn't complain that already exists.  I am curios to see if anything shows up after you do the import.

It worked... Thanks alot :)

Thank you !!!

anthonylofreso
Level 4
Level 4

FYI, I also was not able to add an endpoint using the described method 2.2 patch 9.

We use the API typically to add endpoints, and this does still work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: