cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

captive portal url referring to an old domain name

Luisa Lavano
Level 1
Level 1

in a pilot, during initial ISE installation setup, I've configured a local domain. after installation, I've then modified it in order to use a corporate domain name resolved by corporate DNS server, but even if  the console accepts the new domain and the ISE GUI shows the correct new FQDN, I have problem with captive portal page resolution because the redirect-url automatically created by the ISE for the CWA still carry the name of the ISE with the old domain used in the initial setup, so creating a problem in resolving the url.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only reason that I can think of, the cert presented to the client is still consist the old FQDN. As we have changed the domain name, you need to generate a new certificate and install it on the ISE so that the CN should match the new FQDN.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only reason that I can think of, the cert presented to the client is still consist the old FQDN. As we have changed the domain name, you need to generate a new certificate and install it on the ISE so that the CN should match the new FQDN.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

I will try and let you know.  thanks a lot

Thank you Jatin, I've created a new certificate and now it's ok.