cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Timezone

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How does the ADE  timezone affect the ISE application.  Looking to change timezone for 6 node 2.3 deployment from UTC to CST.  Can I isolate my secondary PAN. Rebuild from scratch and then load my 2.3 restore on it with the changed timezone?  Will that cause the DB to be unusable?  Is the ISE application aware of the timezone from a new node restore? Plan to do this for all 6 nodes.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It is recommended that all the nodes be in the same timezone. You do not need to rebuild your node from the scratch. ISE gives you an option to change the timezone on the fly using the command "clock timezone <timezone>" under configuration mode Example : clock timezone America/Denver. To list the available timezones, use the command "show timezones". A restart of the services would be required and the changes will take into affect after that. Logically speaking there shouldn't be any problem in doing this. However, I am not sure of the consequences of doing this.

View solution in original post

Please provide http://cs.co/ise-feedback and ask tac for support

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It is recommended that all the nodes be in the same timezone. You do not need to rebuild your node from the scratch. ISE gives you an option to change the timezone on the fly using the command "clock timezone <timezone>" under configuration mode Example : clock timezone America/Denver. To list the available timezones, use the command "show timezones". A restart of the services would be required and the changes will take into affect after that. Logically speaking there shouldn't be any problem in doing this. However, I am not sure of the consequences of doing this.

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for the response.  Does this mean that bug CSCva92846 has been resolved?

Just as a heads up, timezone change is no longer supported and being blocked in later releases: CSCvk71816

Also check: CSCvo49755

Don't include the option in ADE if don't want the nerd knobs turned.

Weird that it's included but not supported.

Kind of like how you can enable inline tagging on a 3560cx, the cts manual command is there but it will break everything if you apply it.

Same thing happened after applying ise-patchbundle-2.4.0.357-Patch7-19030720.SPA.x86_64

I solved out the problem by rolling back to the patch level 1

and changed the timezone from CLI.

Applied the patch7 again and re-register the node to PAN.

Hello kyildirim.... Did you change timezone on the primary or secondary node? Documentation seems to suggest timezone can't be changed on the primary node.

Thanks.

This needs to be fixed, not just 'no longer supported'. People running the install script mess this up all the time in oddball time zones, like Arizona that doesn't do daylight savings time, and needs to be fixed after the fact more times than not.

It looks like they list fixed releases in CSCvk71816, but CSCvo49755 is listed as a feature enhancement, which is frightening.

Please provide http://cs.co/ise-feedback and ask tac for support

Hi there,

I have an ISE 2.4 patch 7 distributed deployment.

2 x PANs

2x MnTs

4 x PSNs

Currently the Timezone is set to UTC, can this be updated to local timezone, without impacting the deployment?

I have read some previous threads that makes me believe it is not a straight forward operation.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: