Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 5.2 Service Selection Rule

Hello Dears,

I'm trying to setup the Cisco ACS 5.2 to do Dot1x Authentication for clients on windows 7 & windows XP, I did all the steps but I couldn't create Service Rule, it's giving me an error message you can see it in the attached screenshot.

after I do specify the allowed protocols it's giving me the choice to choose the identity selection and there is't giving me that error.

your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ibrahim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try a different browser like Hussam suggested and let us know the results.

I updated FireFox to 15.0.1 and now I am not able to manipulate many settings with ACS 5.3
This browser's version is extremely stupid with ACS 5.x  but it does not show any message boxs. It just does not show the page when you click on the link.

If different browsers show same issue I would suggest that you fully reboot the machine (either physical or virtual) and try again.

It is also better to upgrade to latest patch if that is not already the case.

Greetings,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try restarting the ACS services (command line - "acs stop" then "acs start").

Also are using the default network access policy? If not, then build you authorization rules there (since the built in rule is set to map to this rule for all radius requests), then you can use your identity settings and point that to AD or the db you are using to lookup the usernames.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tarek,

Thanks for your reply,

I did restart the ACS Service and also I did the same configuration on ACS 5.3 version but i got the same issue.

I tried to use both, the default network policy and a new one i did create it also same error, it's not giving me the choices to choose the matching criteria such protocol type or anything else.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Ibrahim,

What are the specs of this machine, is this a virtual machine or is this an appliance? Is this a brand new installation or are you trying to add some policies to a production environment.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

hkhrais
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Please try with another browser .

HTH

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try a different browser like Hussam suggested and let us know the results.

I updated FireFox to 15.0.1 and now I am not able to manipulate many settings with ACS 5.3
This browser's version is extremely stupid with ACS 5.x  but it does not show any message boxs. It just does not show the page when you click on the link.

If different browsers show same issue I would suggest that you fully reboot the machine (either physical or virtual) and try again.

It is also better to upgrade to latest patch if that is not already the case.

Greetings,

Amjad

Thanks Amjad & Tarik for your help.

It was browser issue, as Amjad said, and now i'm able to create the service rule

Thanks

Ibrahim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: