Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect NAM stuck in associating with WiFI

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

We're only using Cisco AnyConnect for NAM not VPN. Version 4.10.04071

We have employees at home using AnyConnect to get onto their home network and then connect to the corporate network via F5 Big-IP VPN tunnel. When the VPN tunnel closes or ends (manually or due to a timeout) AnyConnect will sit for a few seconds and then the client will disconnect from their home WiFi. After the disconnection AnyConnect will briefly show no adapter available and then get stuck in associate after attempting to reconnect to the network. AnyConnect will remain in associating until Network Repair is ran twice, or the laptop is rebooted.

It only occurs on Windows laptops but not all Windows laptops. The MACs we have in our environment have never experienced the issue.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I've been working with TAC with no success. I provided the DART bundles to them.

I've updated the WIFI adapter driver to the latest with no luck.

View solution in original post

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

Hope this helps someone else.

We found a Windows Registry entry that fixed out issue. Be mindful this may not be the solution for someone else.

The reason I believe it works is because the behavior we saw was that the laptop would see limited connectivity after disconnecting from VPN and WLAN AutoConfig would kick off causing the WiFi adapter to reset and cause the client to get stuck associating. The registry entry ignores/doesn't track that connectivity change. The connection wasn't dropping when disconnecting from VPN and the registry entry didn't affect anything else.

Be mindful this is altering the Windows Registry...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc

EnableBadStateTracking DWORD 0

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AnyConnect NAM does not run on MACs.  Why are you using AnyConnect NAM at all?  EAP-FAST/EAP-Chaining while in corporate office?

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Chris Terry , I would firstly verify if the driver's adapters are up to date within the machines where you are seeing the issue, as a test you can try to reinstall the Anyconnect to check out if the behavior persists,  there  would be also useful if you collect a DART bundle from the machines to verify in logs more details about what you are saying.  

Let me know if that helps. 

I've been working with TAC with no success. I provided the DART bundles to them.

I've updated the WIFI adapter driver to the latest with no luck.

Updating the drive fix it for me. Thanks for the tips.

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

Hope this helps someone else.

We found a Windows Registry entry that fixed out issue. Be mindful this may not be the solution for someone else.

The reason I believe it works is because the behavior we saw was that the laptop would see limited connectivity after disconnecting from VPN and WLAN AutoConfig would kick off causing the WiFi adapter to reset and cause the client to get stuck associating. The registry entry ignores/doesn't track that connectivity change. The connection wasn't dropping when disconnecting from VPN and the registry entry didn't affect anything else.

Be mindful this is altering the Windows Registry...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc

EnableBadStateTracking DWORD 0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: