Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.0 Error "Unable to send SMS"

Hi All,
Unable to send SMS notification via Sponsor portal.
SMS gateway is reachable. I am using SMS interface type : HTTP API.

Attached is screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks & Regrads

Laxmi K

6 Replies 6

HI ,

Any suggestion on how we can proceed with troubleshooting on SMS issue. if any one could suggest would gr8!!!

Thanks..Laxmi 

Apply a tcpdump on your PSN towards the sms gateway and check the captures. I have a few deployments using Clickatell as an SMS gateway and I can see the API requests in the TCP dump. I have used this to troubleshoot SMS issues in the past.

cammaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you get a resolution to this issue. We have just started to experience it. it was working one day and now it is not working and we are getting the exact error message that you are.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cam

Hi
I haven't yet tested with the  tcpdump, not got the resolution yet.

Thanks 

Laxmi 

Hi Laxmi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
We have actually fixed the issue after lots of troubleshooting.

The problem was the SMS Providers Digital Certificate was not in the Trusted Certificate Store, so it couldn't trust the https site that we were making the API call too.

The interesting thing is that I installed it a couple of years ago, so no idea why it 'dissapeared'. We did have another Cisco ISE Bug that was when we created a Certificate Signing Request, the option to bind the singed certificate to the CSR was never available in the GUI. The TAC had to remove all of the CSR's from ISE's Oracle database, so I am thinking they may have removed the SMS Providers as well, by accident.

HPT.
Cheers,
Cam

Thanks Cam for your post.
same here it was working and sudden stopped sending SMS notification. Is there any specific certificate which need to be imported. recently i haven't done any activity on the ISE nodes.

Regrads..Laxmi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: