Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.2 - Multiple Live Log records - TACACS+

tom.miller1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have setup TACACS + On our WLC, and I have one WLC where I am getting multiple Authentication and Authorization for the same session, they are at different time (less than a second).

Each one of these is in a pass state and being taken to the right policy (A policy used by other devices).

The only difference I can see on ISE in regards to this Network device and that of the others is that this one also is using RADIUS.

There is no difference in details between the first record and the last (also checked a mid record).

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to stop it

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I have seen this too - doens't seem to be an ISE issue since the TACACS requests are initiated by the Cisco WLC.  We saw this on ISE 2.3 and 2.4

When I was debugging on the WLC CLI I could see that the WLC was initiating TACACS authN and authZ for no apparent reason.  I tried various browsers but it didn't seem to be browser related.  It was on 8.5.13x release

Probably should have opened a TAC case.

Ah Glad I am not the only one to experience this, will see what TAC say and throw an update in this list when i get a reply from them