Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3: How to check, wether AD Authentication has been used

schlesix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I've 'inherited' an ISE 2.3 installation at a customer site some time ago. This ISE has a configuration for Active Directory as an External Identity Source amongst other identity sources.

I suspect that the AD Identity Source is not being used anymore, but I want to be sure before deleting it. Unfortunately, I didn't find something helpful (e. g. in Operations > Endpoints and Users..). How can I figure out, if the AD has been used in the last 360 days? 

Thanks,

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are a couple of ways to do so.  You can rely on context visibility by spot checking some clients and looking under the 'Authentication' tab for 'Authentication Identity Store', you could also look at detailed radius live logs and search for the 'Authentication Identity Store' OR you could rely on Authentication reports by adding 'Identity Source' filter with contains <your ID source>.  HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are a couple of ways to do so.  You can rely on context visibility by spot checking some clients and looking under the 'Authentication' tab for 'Authentication Identity Store', you could also look at detailed radius live logs and search for the 'Authentication Identity Store' OR you could rely on Authentication reports by adding 'Identity Source' filter with contains <your ID source>.  HTH!

Thank you very much, Mike!

I've fooled my self by using the Google Chrome browser. With Chrome, some buttons and pull-down menus can't be selected. After using Firefox, I got somewhere

Thanks again,
Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: