Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3 VM Installation Failing

Boyan Sotirov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I've just installed a VM from the OVA file I downloaded from Cisco.com. 

The installation went without any errors, I've put an admin password, all the checks went fine and than I let it run for an hour or so. 

I came back, I tried to login - not possible, wrong password. Even though I deliberately wrote it down. So after few unsucessful login attempts I got a message that my account has been locked out. 

SSH works, but again I'm not able to login. 

I don't have access to the Web GUI though, when I try the IP address in my browser I get an error which looks quite disturbing:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I'm downloading the .iso file to try out the password recovery procedure. But I was wandering, has anyone else experienced such issues?

P.S. I have a special character in my admin password "_" , could this be the reason for my account lockout?

Regards, 

Boyan

2 Replies 2

Hi Boyan, are you using non-QUERTY keyboard?

"_" is "?" on QUERTZ keyboard.

When you were doing initial configuration you typed "?" instead of "_". Keyboard was set to QUERY layout. And now when you're trying to login via web you're using your primary keyboard layout.

Well...

I followed the password recovery procedure and it didn't work either. 

So I reinstalled the VM and supplied a smipler password without special characters in it. In my case it's for lab testing, but it seems quite dissapointing to find that having a password with special characters is a problem for a such an important component in the Cisco's security architecture...

Boyan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: